Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a Wonderful Thing...Life

(This photo has nothing to do with my blog...I just loved it.)


I don't think I could ever be a true writer. It takes tremendous discipline, time and focus to sit down daily, even weekly, and post my thoughts. But, when I don't do it in a logical manner then I end up trying to process all my thoughts for the last few weeks at one time, in one post, in the middle of the night. Not a very good plan. With that duly noted I am going to try to put some thoughts down over the next few days and actually post in small doses. My thoughts probably won't be anything too noteworthy, but I do have a few things rolling around in the ol' noggin that need to get out.

I attended the Women of Faith conference this past weekend. For the most part I enjoyed it. I have thought for years that they do too many commercials, but it seems to work for them...so what do I know? While I enjoyed all the speakers tremendously, the one I heard and enjoyed the best was Andy Andrews. Apparently he is a best selling author with a ton of books out there that I was completely unaware of, although my friend Kathy did mention one in passing this summer, but I paid little attention to her recommendation. I should have listened to her! Mr. Andrews is a master storyteller. He is a southern guy from Alabama and he was able to draw me in as he shared of his life's difficulties and lessons. The thought I took home from him in a big way is that "every decision in our life matters". There is no way to know the impact our life will have on those who come behind us as we live in service to God and others. I love that thought. All of us want to know, need to know that our life counts for something. When God set eternity in the hearts of men He also created the desire for our lives to count....for all eternity. I love the thought that my life, a rather average one, can affect the world in a big way when I take advantage of the opportunities for good that God puts in my path and because that matters to me I can trust that God will take my efforts and do things I can't even imagine. I really do love that thought. In Ephesians 3 the apostle Paul says it this way, "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" He can take my life of obedience and service and do more than I could ask or imagine. Amazing! I pray that your life's decisions have an eternal value and that you are always living with eternity in mind.
With love,
Jackie Sue

3 comments:

Valarie Daly said...

I will have to look into some of his books. Keep blogging! Also keep me updated on our future olympic gymnast!

Sarah Pete said...

Love love love the picture!
Love the post!
LOVE YOU!!! X-D

Ananthi said...

Jackie, just now I read this as my thoughts were turning more towards you. Verses you have given from Eph.3 are those that I cherish so much. I am reading your recommendation 'Radical.' I have covered almost half. Please recommend good books for me to read.