Thursday, September 3, 2015

So we made it to Addis Ababa. According to Jane's guide book Addis is the 3rd largest capital city in the world. The weather is quite nice. There's a lovely breeze which we are thankful for since the hotel doesn't have air conditioning. So our windows are open and the city is alive with 3rd world country sounds...shovels scraping, horns honking, people calling to one another...although it is much quieter than New Delhi was with all their horn honking. There is not alot of traffic where we are which is interesting. We are not too far from the airport so maybe that is why. We are staying one night here and then heading to Gondar tomorrow morning bright and early.

Our flight was uneventful thankfully. It felt like it went on forever. They fed us several times which was nice. I love airline food. I really do. A little bit of everything and I find it quite tasty. I know that's weird, but it's true. I couldn't sleep much on the flight but a couple of times I was out. One time my seat mate crawled right over me to get to his seat because he didn't want to wake me up. Wasn't that considerate of him? I was amazed when I woke up and he was back in his seat and I didn't even feel him crawl over me. I watched several movies which was weird for me. Usually I start a movie and fall asleep. I finally watched " Woman in Gold". That was a good story. I also watched "The Longest Ride" which was enjoyable. I had never heard of it, but it had a cowboy on it and was rated PG so I thought I'd give it a try. At the end I saw that it was a movie by Nicholas Sparks and that seemed to fit. Then, just for Cat I watched "Legally Blonde" because it is listed as a Classic choice. Though I had all that time to veg out and just do nothing, I'm not so much a fan of the long flights.

When we arrived at the airport we had to wait in line to get our Visas. After that we had to claim our 24 bags/crates at baggage claim. After that we were to go to a scanning machine for them to examine all our bags and ask us questions and possibly confiscate or charge us extra taxes. This was the prayer I asked you to pray that we would get through customs with no problems....well, did the Lord ever answer your prayers!!! They didn't examine a SINGLE bag!!! Seriously, it was miraculous. We were just waved right on through. God's unmerited favor just slows me down and I stand amazed! Thank you for praying. Don't stop!!!










Here are some photos from our hotel window. We are staying at the Addissinia Hotel if you want to look it up.
Much love,



No comments: