Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Celebrating One Year With Ellie

We have been together as a completed family for exactly one year today. It's hard to believe, but it's been a year with Eliana Joy Lin. We celebrated last night with everyone, but Sarah(did I mention that she'll be home in 5 days???). We ate Chinese food and watched "I Gotcha Day" videos. I LOVE gotcha days. It feels the same as a biological delivery to me...emotionally that is. One moment there's no baby, the next there is. Ellie was such a little peanut with a really bad haircut, but totally adorable. It was fun to watch her watching the video. We finished off the night with yummy cake. I must repeat what I've said many times before, I am one blessed woman. God has given me more than I knew to dream for. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Huge blessings to my travel group...they are the best. Love, js
Celebrating One Year With Ellie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is simply wonderful to see photos of your happy family. The photo of Ellie giving her mom a kiss is beautiful. Glad to see everyone doing so well. Can't wait until July. Much love to everyone from Wisconsin.
Neppl's

Brandi said...

Oh how I remember checking your blog every few minutes waiting for updates and just weeping when your Gotcha Post came up. . I think I'll go back and read that. . you should post a link!

Love you and all your sweet kiddos! Kiss that Ellie girl for us!

Brandi

Lydia said...

Jackie-- sorry I could'nt talk the other day when you called. I can't believe that it has been a whole yr since you got your little peanut... wow The Lord is awesome isn't HE! Hey we have a new blog site I haven't posted anything yet but Doug has.. www.cottrellfamily.wordpress.com

Kelsey S said...

I just found your blog and had to comment and say I hope God blesses your family! Adoption is a wonderful thing and I hope to be able to adobt one day(God willing of course!)!
God Bless You and your Family!
Kelsey Smith
http://kelseysmith.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh what sweet pictures! I can't believe it has been a year already! It makes me cry even now as I remember "watching" the whole process in your blog last year. God is so good and so sweet and taught you so much in the midst of that sweet time. We all learned more about Him as you shared your heart!! Oh sweet Ellie, I can't imagine your life without her!! We sure do love her! Love, Christie

melmac said...

Thanks so much for the blog comments and for commiserating with me in the money situation. What a mess! Things are going well now and we are all in love with Austria. Congrats on a year!
Myriam is glaring at me for the use of the computer....must go.

Unknown said...

I have yet to comment on this Sorry! Congrats on 1 year! I am confused at how old Ellie looks in those picture, it's just crazy! That's actually the biggest reason to cry! Although I don't often remember the process because I would be a basket case. I am so glad that having her come home is no longer one of your prayer request! ;)