Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Headed Home

Good morning faithful readers. You have been so kind to comment on my Louise stories. I think we have the makings of a sitcom or a daytime drama, I'm just not sure, but alas, all good things must come to an end and so we are on our way home. Iowa did not disappoint, but there's no place like home(click your heels 3 times). No exciting stories from the last half of our trip. We were with Louise's parents so of course she had to tone things down a bit. To tell you the truth, I was glad for the break. It was not easy to keep Louise in line. She is a wild thing and with every passing day I doubted that I was woman enough for the job. Louise's family is quite pleasant. Her dad took the broken headlight really well. He still let me fly home at his expense which I thought was quite generous of him. It coulda been an even longer trip home should he have chosen to make me ride the bus. It was really a wonderful visit. The weather became just beautiful and we sat outside two afternoons in a row. Louise's mom is such a good cook that I ate like I was skinny. Vacations are like that, don't cha' think? Eddie and I always pretend on vacation that we are healthy, wealthy, wise and skinny. Needless to say, I am none of the afore mentioned adjectives, but I sorta like playing make believe in case you hadn't noticed. Had a great time with the kids in Iowa too. I love that vacations give you a chance to play with the kids without worrying that you should be doing something else. I was missing my gang about then. One of Louise's nieces got a flu bug and the power of suggestion is strong I tell ya. Last night I woke up and just knew I was gonna be sick. Didn't happen, still hasn't, but I'm watching for it. One more funny thing happened, but it was between Eddie and myself. I have been texting him all through the trip. Right before I left my son(who turns 18 next month! How can that be? Makes some of you feel your age now, doesn't it???)taught me how to use T9 texting and so one night I was leaving David a text and I asked him to "kiss the kids for me" but, it texted "lips the kids for me". Apparently the word kiss and lips use the same keys. The next morning he texted me back and asked "what does lips the kids" mean? I laughed and laughed. Around our house that kind of mistake makes a classic that will be repeated for the next 40 or so years. So, hey, have a great day and don't forget to lips your kids! love, Jackie Sue

6 comments:

Eileen said...

I will definitely lips the kids tonight!

Chat soon?

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Welcome back and I'm sure that saying will live on forever.

Brandi said...

You guys crack me up! I AM glad you are home though, b/c we'll for sure want to see you at small group!

Love you,
Bran

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you found that Louise girl, but I can tell you all sure had fun!! :) It was nice of you to go and meet her family and spend a whole week hanging! What fun memories were made! Love ya, Christie

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a funny story of you and that Louise! Glad your home safely after that run in with the deer! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jackie-- thanks for the laughs! Sounds like you and Chris.., I mean Louise had a good time! Give her my best will you? Doug sends his hello to both of you too. Loved catchin up on the phone w/ you last month. Lydia (the one in North Carolina!)