Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chris' Vine or Bust


This is my pipevine now. Isn't that amazing. The caterpillars ate it down to almost nothing which is fine, but I didn't think they were going to survive so I gave about 20 of my precious caterpillars away. I gave them to Val's neighbor, Chris. He has a HUGE pipevine in his backyard and no caterpillars to eat it. So, I put a bunch of my precious little friends in a coolwhip container and moved them into town to start a new life. I'm thinking they miss the country, but food was becoming pretty scarce so the move was a good thing. Sorta like the book of Ruth where Naomi's husband moved the family because there was a famine in the land. Ok, it is nothing like that, but I'm studying that book right now and I just thought of it. Anyhoo, the kids were moved over to their new place and if I could I would gather up all the little chrysalis's' that they are going to make and bring them back home to hatch. I wonder if Chris would mind if I searched his vine to find my little ones? I did lay awake one night and worry that they were going to starve to death on my pitiful vine. When I told David that he told me I needed to get a life. I can't help it, I'm maternal. Here's a picture of the fat caterpillars that are still here. I can only find 2 of the 5 that remained. Maybe the storm blew them away. If these make it I'll be sure to post more photos. I'm sure you were waiting on some news of the little guys already. Glad I could put your mind at ease. Much maternal love, JS

These are the new folks on the block...hope they don't eat caterpillars!
And just for fun some cute photos of the other critters around here.


6 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

My mom had about 20 caterpillars on her plant a couple weeks ago and you'll never believe what happened to them...
The wasps ate them!! We saw a lot of wasps around the plant and couldn't find ANY of the caterpillars. Then, we saw one wasp crawling up the screen while holding one with it's legs! Have you ever seen that before? I sure haven't.

Anonymous said...

Oh how tragic Cassie!! What a relief that this momma is very protective of her babies and moved them to a safe place full of food!! :) Such cute pictures of all of the critters around your house!! Christie

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the little critter sleeping on the big critters lap ;-) How precious is that??? Happy Birthday my dear friend! I hope you are treated like a queen today, oh I forgot, you're treated like that everyday!!! Enjoy your last day with your japanese son!

Largaespada Family said...

Great post title! You are too cute! And loved the other critter pictures!

Jaime

Jaciromer said...

Sorry to be redundant Jack, but I do love all those pictures of your critters around the house. Oh, so sweet. Especially, the two asleep. Have a great birthday trip! Much love.

3girlsmom said...

Ok. Your baby is stupid and ugly and we hate her.
Love, Erin "Edub" & Robyn.

I'm seriously hoping you remember that we say all of these things in love.

If not, then I'm sure you're really mad and offended right now and I hope that's not the case.

:)