Friday, July 22, 2011

How Long Does It Take Your Soul To Realize Your Life Is Full?

Today's chapter is about slowing down to savor life...not life as a whole, but life's moments. The idea that life is made up of moments is not new. Many of us have heard the saying that reminds us that life is made up of the moments that take our breath away....nice saying but it is lacking. According to Voskamp all of life has the potential to be breath taking moments. Slowing down emotionally and then inviting the Spirit to make us aware of the miracle of each moment.

Thinking about this I am struck by the question she asks, "how long does it take your soul to realize that your life is full?" For me this is the inside, my inner self, my soul slowing down to recognize and give thanks in the very moment for all that God has given me. Grace...gratitude...thankfulness...in the midst of a very packed full life. When I get home from vacation my busy life is waiting for me. My schedule is packed full of appointments and activities. That is my life as a mom. So many are my tasks. That will not change, but my attitude and grasp of the sacredness in the moments can. After all, it's all grace. Every moment is a gift from my Maker who loves me so. It really is all grace and I desire to recognize it as such.

Lord, You have given me this time away from home. You have made this all possible. In the midst of this You have chosen to surprise me with Yourself. You have given me this remarkable opportunity to make changes to my life that will allow me to see more of You in everything and everyone around me. May this time, this vacation, be a standing stone in my life as the days I was surprised by joy in the midst of the every day. Glory to Your name. Hallelujah!
Yours,

No comments: