Friday, March 2, 2007

Getting ready

Well, no travel approval yet, but it is coming! I can feel it! So tomorrow I am going to get the room ready for our Eliana. I will try to post a photo with her new bedding in the room she will share with Davie Anne. I keep buying clothes and stuff and I am really good at that. Spending money on my kids is my gift. :) We are getting ready for our baby girl and everytime I look at her little face I keep thinking, "wonder what she has that we need?", because that is how God works. Ellie doesn't just need us, we need her. I can't wait to meet her!

Our travelmates found out yesterday that they will not be able to adopt the little girl they were referred due to her recent diagnosis with cancer. Our travel group is all grieving, but hopeful for what lies ahead for this sweet family.

I have come to believe what a friend said to me today " life is more like a railroad track, rather than hills and valleys", the truth is that joy and sorrow are mixed together all along this journey. That is certainly what my life has been like for the last month or so. I am excited about all that God has for us and am so thankful that I do not travel this train track alone. He is with me every step of the way. I am so blessed.

No comments: