Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Life and Death

Today I had the priviledge of celebrating a life at the funeral of a dear friend. She was an older woman who has prayed for my family for years. On the way to the funeral I was thinking about my time this morning spent before the Lord. These two verses He gave to me "Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul and filleth the hungry soul with goodness"Ps.107:8-9 and "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him"ICor.2:9 He always brings me comfort through His word. As I have begun to panic over whether or not we would be in this referral group, or whether or not we would receive a referral at all, due to health issues, I read these verses and confessed my fears and settled into His love. He knows what is best. He is always working on my behalf and He will satisfy my longing with good things. My dear friend, Dot, is now experiencing what eye has not seen, or ear heard, all that God has planned for us. She is home and I celebrate her homegoing. I believe that God is going to continue to amaze me through these next weeks with things I cannot imagine. He is like that if we watch for Him.....and He has my full attention, I am watching! Ps.48:1 "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised. In the city of our God, His holy mountain."

2 comments:

Steph said...

Jackie,
I love your new blog template. I am still playing around with mine too. I haven't seen this one yet. RQ is looking more promising everyday, huh? So, how is staying away from the computer working out for ya?

Steph said...

I just read your entry for the day. I didn't have time earlier when I posted. Looks like God is taking us both down the same road. He is sooooooo good, and I'm so thankful that He loves me too much to leave me like I am. And I'm especially thankful that when I mess up (again) He isn't dissapointed in me. He just picks me up, dusts me off and sets me on my feet again, just like a daddy does to his little girl. I love that.