Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone at home! The Lord is Risen! We were not priviledged to attend church today, but we were certainly celebrating in our hearts. We hope you have a blessed day and that His presence is real to you. We are doing well. Eliana Joy Lin is coming along. She smiled at her daddy at lunch today, on purpose! I have fallen in love with this little girl. The interesting thing that I realized yesterday is that she hasn't "won" me over with her pleasing personality, or her adorable antics....in fact (and I say this in love) she is not especially pleasant at all. Then I realized again about our Father's love. He loves us, in spite of ourselves. It is not b/c we are so wonderful or pleasant to Him. It is not b/c of our beauty or our winning ways. He loves us b/c we are His and He can't help Himself. He loves us b/c of HIM! It is His Daddy's heart to love us. I am humbled to say, that is how I love Eliana. I am not saying that I don't find her adorable or pleasant....but mostly that I love her b/c she is mine and I could no more stop my heart from loving her than I could stop my own breathing! God has made me to love this little one and I am head over heels in love with her. Tonight at dinner as we waited on the Chinese Mariachi band :) she fell asleep in her highchair resting her head on my hand. To this momma she is the most beautiful little girl and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I find this to be a marvelous mystery of God....He has made her my very own and I'm forever grateful for the priviledge of loving and raising her as my true daughter. (Remind me of this when she is a teenager :)!) Much much love and blessings to you all. Again, Happy Blessed Easter Day!

No comments: