Monday, April 2, 2007

She's Here!

Well, we have our baby girl! She is a little doll baby! We all loaded up in the bus to go over to the Cival Affairs Office to get the babies. When we got there they weren't even there yet...so I made a joke about false labor to the group :) In about 10 minutes 8 people walked in holding 8 babies. I am happy to say that I thought I recognized Eliana right away...and I was right! We all have a number and we are "Family #8"(the luckiest Chinese no.) and so we were last. A man was holding her and when he went to hand her to me she didn't want to come, but then she did and didn't really cry. We found out today that our babies have been with their foster mothers until today! After he handed her over I just hugged her and talked to her. She didn't really cry and even smiled a little bit at Davie. We are in our room and it is 9pm and she is in her crib or "crate" as Davie calls it. She has cried a lot and calls "MaMa", but it is not me that she is calling for. She doesn't want David to hold her at all, but doesn't really want me either. I bathed her...she was ok, but she didn't love it, she will though I'm sure. Tomorrow I will get in with her and that may go better. She drank a little and at some cheerios and for a long good while was pleasant and entertained, but then she just got tired. She definitely wants to be laid in her crib to go to sleep. She did NOT want me to hold her! Finally when I realized that I just couldn't please her I laid her down on her back and she was much more content...still crying, but not as much. Just fussing some, but if I tried to pick her up she was not interested, so I left her there and went about the room doing what I needed to do. Just a little bit ago she finally fell asleep. I must say that I am so grateful that her foster mother did not sleep with her! The fact that she likes her crib is an answer to prayer. Now, let me tell you about her...she has the most beautiful head of black thick hair! I can picture it long...but it is cut close to her head right now. It lays flat, but there is a ton of it. She has the sweetest little mouth...oh my goodness...I can't wait to kiss it, but I have to b/c of this darn cold! I'm not sure she would welcome my kisses at the moment anyway. She is tiny, but filled out nicely. She has 1 1/2 teeth. She has teeny little feet. Davie just loves her. I remembered so quickly how hard it is to have a 4yo with a new baby...they want to do everything for the baby and it is not always helpful :), but so so sweet. Ellie likes Davie and gave little smiles to her right away. David and Davie and I are still suffering from colds. I am not miserable, but David is, so please pray for him to feel better soon. The babies are all adorable. Ellie is not the youngest. There is one baby that turned 10mo. today. Tomorrow we will have a very busy morning that begins at 8:30 so I better go to bed. Of course there are photos above...just click on the one picture to see them all. Much love and gratefulness for your prayers and support. Sarah, Matt and Catherine....you are gonna love your new baby sister. She is just adorable! I miss you all and pray that you are doing well. Matt, I'm sorry you have a cold, too. I can't believe we all got it at the same time...! I will post later. Sarah, I want to hear all about your play....Catherine, I miss you and bought you something, but you will have to wait for your birthday to get it...another 13 days!

6 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

Gongrats !!
What a blessing !

Eileen said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jackie!!!!!!!!!! I don't see any pictures though - wahhh!!!! I'm sure she is just beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your time in China!

Christie said...

This is a test

Barbara said...

Congratulations to your new family! Was so excited, couldn't sleep so I had to check your site. Um, still waiting for the pictures. ;-) Of course she's beautiful, she's a Wimberly. Miss you and love you much,
Barb in CA

Christie said...

Oh yea!!! I can finally post! I have been so bummed because I couldn't figure out how to post...my password wasn't right, I guess. Anyway, I figured it out!! I did finally email you when you said you could get email. What an exciting day! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. I know she is just so perfect! God is so good!

Jen G. said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!
Just too cute! Can't wait to see her 1.5 teeth toothy grin.:)

I know what you mean about having a 4 year old "help" with the baby! Sounds like Davie is a great big sister though. We joked that Lexi acted like she was the one adopting a baby, not Russ & I.

God is good Jackie!!!

Jen